Following A.L. Schneider & H. Ingram. Policy design: elements,
premises and strategies,
Chapter 6 in S. S. Nagel (ed.) Policy theory and policy evaluation. 1990. New York. Greenwood.
General Policy Formulation: Under conditions C, implementer(s) In, will (do B which will) effect goal, G.
Some important questions
1. Is the policy effective? (Does it produce the goal intended?)
2. Is the policy efficient? (Does it minimize costs? Which costs?)
3. Is the policy equitable? (Are its costs and benefits fairly distributed?)
4. Is participation in policy formulation and implementation reasonably equitable?
All Questions from Model 1 apply.
Related Questions and Directions:
6. Tools: What motivators are provided for the actors to implement policy?
7. Assumptions: Do Cue-Concern-Control Analysis
with all sub-questions.
BACK TO TOP